Savvy Entertaining

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Savvy Featured Bloggers: Brooklyn Bride!


Images of Vane's own wedding featured on Brooklyn Bride




At TWE we love bloggers who aren't afraid to break away from the pack and take a road less traveled. When Vane Broussard, editor of the eye catching blog, Brooklyn Bride was getting married she couldn't find a wedding blog with the modern details she craved. So what did she do? She created her own and has been inspiring brides ever since.

This past summer I had the opportunity to have breakfast with Vane. I came away with a deeper understanding of one of my favorite bloggers. Her love of all things modern is rooted in her passion for interior design, she's warm and generous with her time and Vane is very business savvy! The entire TWE staff loves her blog and we know you do too, so for our series 52 Bloggers We Love we reached out to dig a little deeper into what makes this hip blogger, well hip!

What did you want to be when you "grew up?" It ranged from being a vet to being a fashion designer. See the question below about my sign...I couldn't make up my mind!

What's your favorite personal mantra, quote, or inspiration? I had never had one before, but after the latest Alt Summit I just came back from, I heard this and plan on taking it to heart this year. "Don't talk about it, just do it. If it fails, move on." Savvy Note: Vane joined forces with another ace blogger, Anne Chertoff, to create The B-List, a group of power wedding bloggers.

Tell me about your favorite blogging moment? My favorite moment HAS to be when I got my first, non-family, non-friend comment on the blog. It made me realize that people I didn't know were actually reading my blog!

What’s your sign? What 3 characteristics of your sign do you possess? Libra. For sure, I can't make a decision for the life of me, everything has to be balanced and fair, and I hate conflict.

What’s the one food you can’t get enough of? I have a mild obsession with Raisinets.


What's in your handbag currently? Biz cards, wallet, iPhone, lip gloss, little notepad and pen, warm mittens and a hat.


What's your biggest pet peeve? Being late to an event or meeting. Its just awful!


Just this week Vane launched the redesign of her blog; it's been meet with rave reviews...including our own! Keep up the inspiring work, Vane!

Want to recommend a blog for a feature on Tara's Tips? Send us an email at: katelin{at}tarawilson.com

2 comments:

Vane @ Brooklyn Bride said...

thanks so much tara!

Tara, Your Savvy Girl! said...

You're most welcome! I love your blog!!!